Thursday, September 18, 2014

Yoga - Pt. 1

Alright! I've got my first yoga practice under my belt and the second one starts tonight! Thanks to my place of employment {love benefits!!} I have the opportunity to practice my 'practice'. And the fact that I just have to venture across campus to make this happen 90% insures I'll actually get a workout in.




I'm not quite buying into the light and ora stuff, but I'll replace that with the light of God! and that'll work just fine for me {Thanks to Dana for recommending that perspective}. :)


I was a little apprehensive to get started - I worried I was too far out of shape {these arms haven't been worked out in quite a while} to be able to hold those crazy poses and I'd fall on the poor people standing on either side of me. 


Praise the Lord that wasn't the case. I felt so good after the class, it really heightened my mood and energy level. I've been so tired and lethargic the past few weeks. I'd like to blame it on the heat {triple digits on the daily} but I'm sure it's just me being lazy with sloth-like tendencies waiting for fall to arrive. I mean - come on mother nature! I've got my fall wreath on my front door, can't you see I'm ready?!?!


So - today - I brave the world of Vinyasa - Level 2. I'm hoping it's just a baby step up from level 1. My muscles still feel pretty used from Tuesday's class. 


In other news - Kyle and I have locked down our engagement shoot photographer! None other than the incredibly talented Nick Mitzenmacher. Woo Hoo! Time to slim down for the e-shoot gown! 


Wish me luck ... for both.





No comments:

Post a Comment