Monday, September 8, 2014

...and so it begins...

I SAID YES!!!

So this is what it feels like! OMG! <3-----<<<


Engaged. Wow. I can hardly believe it's been a week and some change since my wonderful, amazing, at-the-time boyfriend planned an incredible surprise, got down on one knee, and asked me to marry him. 


I tried not to do all the cliche things I pre-promised myself I wouldn't do, if and when, this moment ever came. I could hear the music, the soothing voice of my fiancĂ©! and the shutterbug snaps from the photographer. All I could do was remind myself to keep my hands down, shoulders back, chest out, and don't fidget… a lot of good that did me. :)


I am so blessed and still coming down from the proposal hangover. I try not to look at my ring too much or get engulfed in the wedding planning process. If I had a dollar for every time I was asked when the wedding date is we could pay for this wedding. ;) In all seriousness - we're trying to enjoy this great season God has blessed us with. Stay tuned for wedding planning woes and wonders as we embark on the journey of Becoming Mrs. Gough {Cough with a G - gotta practice my soon-to-be new last name}.


Such a surreal moment - one million thank you's to everyone involved in our special day. Here is my hazy memory of Saturday, August 30, 2014. 


After a seemingly normal drive down to Rancho Capistrano Winery Kyle stopped me at the double door entrance and asked me if I loved him. What an odd question - 'of course' I answered. He said 'then go with whatever happens' and led me back on to the patio. Whaaat?!? I knew something was up. After what felt like a tornado whirlwind of hello's and new faces Kyle bossily told me to put my things down and follow him. I only turned around when I heard the opening cords of our song played by the acoustic guitar performer for the evening. I made eye contact to say 'nice! what a coincidence'; that's when it hit me. Kyle grabbed my hands and led me in front of the fireplace. He proceeded to tell me, what I assume, are some very romantic and important things… I've been told if I'm a good girl one day I'll find out what was said. He got down on one knee, asked me if I would marry him, and I'm pretty sure I said yes. 


We spent the better part of 5 hours being congratulated by our family and close friends. It was such a wonderful moment and so incredibly special. I can't believe he pulled it off without me knowing all the details. Food, wine, family, friends, fiancĂ© - so many perfect things about that day. 


Here are some photos that I can't even stop reminiscing with if I tried:



















































Thank you Jess Santana for capturing our special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment