Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Snacks!!

Hey Ya'll!

I found a recipe on Pinterest that looked delicious, easy, and fit within my slim down sister competition diet so I tried it!


You can find it here. It's from The Silver Pen {Originally posted by With Style and Grace}. Hollye Jacobs does such an amazing job finding the silver linings in life. Be sure to check out her blog and show some love. 

Back to the snacks. If you know me at all you know how passionate I am about my snacks. I would rather eat snacks all day then meals {I'm woman enough to admit that happens from time to time}. I saw these Baked Apple Cinnamon Spice Chips and couldn't wait to give them a test run. Making a snack that was delicious, healthy, and I could easily devour at work was right up my mid-week alley. {Happy Hump Day!!!}

So after work I headed to Fresh & Easy for some apples, hurried home, and set my oven to preheat. The prep was really easy {I was talking with Grandma on the phone while I measured, mixed and sliced}. I put the apples straight onto my baking sheet {fresh out of parchment paper} and it didn't seem to make a difference. I first set my timer for 1 and a half hours and then monitored in 10 minute increments until my chips were done. It took a total of 1 hour and 50 minutes. {I determined "done" by a simple taste test, of course}. 

Next time I'll do a better job of mixing my spices before coating my apple slices. Some bites are a bit more flavorful then others. I opted out of adding sugar into my spice mixture. And I'll bake more than 2 apples at a time. TOO DELICIOUS!

Here are some pictures! Now I just need to make it through the night without eating all my apple chips so I can take them to work tomorrow. 








No comments:

Post a Comment