Sunday, August 4, 2013

Beauty Routine

Hey ya'll!

I have been running around like crazy for the past few weeks and most days I'm lucky if I'm wearing a matching outfit, my hair is done, and I've managed to get makeup on. For someone who loves being a girl and doing all girly things - I've recognized there is a problem and I'm making a plan to fix it ;)

Really - I've just been busy/lazy/sleepy and covet those few extra minutes to sleep-in in exchange for getting dolled up in the morning. When I'm going through this phase I have a few favorites that get me through the day without scaring people.

Ta-da! Here they are {in no particular order of love}...


Long Hair don't care... Twistband me up. A cute hair tie makes me feel better about constantly wearing my hair up at work. I try to gradually move into a top knot mid week by starting with a messy braid - I pretty much have this perfected. Big thank you to Whitney for giving me my Twistband fix. She's the best! 


I want to be a lipstick person, but I'm just not there yet. Chapstick is my vice. Every season is the perfect season for sunblock on your kisser - especially summer. When I discovered Softlips developed Watermelon flavor the game was over! It tastes so delicious I can't get enough. 


My go to for the eyes. Did you know the whites of your eyes and the shade of your teeth are a direct correlation? I'm not sure how valid that is but my aunt told me once - and I believe her - she also said if you eat the crust on your sandwich you'll have curly hair {my hair is a beast so I guess she was right}. I love the feeling of Visine lubed eyeballs - esp after a few hours of sleep... double bonus - bright eye whites. My favorite, favorite, favorite mascara {can't even stress this enough} is Sumptuous Extreme by Estee Lauder. My grandma gave me my first tube and it was love at first swipe. I love how thick and luscious my lashes look. Clumping is a non-issue. If this mascara were my first love COVERGIRL's perfect blend eye liner is my eternal crush. We first met in high school and couldn't get enough of each other. Now we have a healthier relationship - enjoying each other less often but making it count when the time is right. :) 


Ahhhhhhh the importance of moisturizer. I cannot tell you enough how strongly I believe in it. I love Aveeno positively radiant's formula. It's hypoallergenic so it wont cause breakouts and has an SPF which is beyond important. I have weird issues with the thickness of this lotion and usually end up twisting the cap off and wiping it on to my hands - but I love the way my skin feels after I apply so I just deal with it. 

So there you have it! The go-to products for my day-to-day life. I swear by them all so make sure to add them to your regimen if you love sleeping in a few extra minutes and just want to slightly pull yourself together before you take on the world.

When I start to get caught up in societies version of beauty I try to remind myself of 1 Peter 3: 3-4. We have a very important job as women - to live to these standards and to instill them into our little girls {birthed and birthed in love}. If you need a reminder once in a while try saving the image below on the background of your phone - or take a screen shot and visit that camera roll once in a while.




Have a wonderful week friends!

xxoo
J



No comments:

Post a Comment