Monday, January 6, 2014

NYE Sparkle

This year we hosted a mini get together to ring in the new year. I was so cool I set an alarm on my phone, took a nap, woke up with 10 minutes left to enjoy 2013, Skype-celebrated 2014, then went back to bed. :)

Luckily for me, when it comes to crafting I can always enlist the help of Chrissy. I found a few things on Pinterest I felt I NEEDED to try for our New Years Eve party… and they mostly involved glitter {my favorite}!

We decided to create a little tablescape, some fun treats, and a banner for photo op's:

Happy New Year Banner
{black card stock cut into triangles, letters, numbers, and shapes cut into gold and silver glitter paper}

We used Cricut cartridge George and Basic Shapes 
{This cartridge is retired but you can find it on ebay!}

The star garland hanging under the banner is from Party City. 

Kyle had to work so we snuck in our nye smooch early

Mama and her girls

Strawberries and raspberries floating in champagne, chocolate creme with ganache and whipped cream topping - my idea of dessert

Chrissy and Jared

Glittered Champagne Bottles

This is one of my favorite bottles of champagne. I stock up for all occasions - SO DELICIOUS! We decided to glitter the bottles and the bottoms of the champagne flutes. The flutes were a great idea in two ways: 1. They match and we got to glitter more things! 2. It bonded the top part of the flute with the bottom so we didn't have to worry about them falling off throughout the night.

We spread out a large, black trash bag in the well ventilated garage and started with the first bottle. We sprayed one side of the bottle {glue comes out white and dries clear} then covered in glitter. {Gloves are a MUST} We did two coats on the bottles and one on the flutes. 


Champagne Flutes from Party City; we did 10 gold and 10 silver.


{This was probably really good - but we forgot about it, and it's still in the freezer. Whoops!}
It turns into vodka slushy goodness. 

I saw this adorable idea on Pinterest. Since I fell into the category of being midnight kiss-less I knew I had to make it. {and I wanted to practice more with my calligraphy pen}

Cutout stars from the same cricut cartridge mentioned above in black, gold, and silver. Left over gold Mardi Gras beads in the bottom of a small fishbowl, blowers from Party City. 


Napkins from Party City

We did a countdown along the edge of the table on the Cricut too. 

Everyone had a great time ringing in the new year - I think. ;) I hope your year is full of blessings and happiness. 2013 had quite a few ups and downs for me. I know it's so cliche to say 'this next year holds so much promise' but I really do believe that. I've pulled together a couple resolutions for this year. I wrote them down in my journal, tucked them into my bible, saved a picture on my cellphone, and told people around me so now I HAVE to keep them:

1. Spend at least 5 days per week in my bible studying Gods word
2. Exercise at least 3 days per week {I didn't specify go to the gym - exercise can be subjective...}
3. Complete my business plan {good things to come when this happens!}
4. Do one selfless act per week

Happy New Year!

xoxo
J

No comments:

Post a Comment