Sunday, January 5, 2014

NYE Feast of the Seven Dishes

I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the new year!

New Year's eve is such an involved event at my house. I've done the crazy parties in Vegas, LA, Pasadena, San Diego but staying home holds some allure for me. The thought of being able to kick off my shoes {if I even put them on} and not have to worry about a designated driver is OH SO peaceful for me.

We have a tradition {Feast of the Seven Fishes} for dinner on nye with family and close friends. It's a seven course meal; each integrated with a fish dish. This year we modified the menu and titled it Feast of the Seven Dishes. We started the first course around 3:30 and I think dessert was served around 8:40. So much fun!! We made sure to cleanse the palate with lemoncello of course.

1. Ceviche
2. Lobster Bisque
3. Caprese
4. Ravioli with Paprikash sauce
5. Shrimp Scampi
6. Bacon wrapped Fillet with those 9 hour mushrooms and rosemary potatoes
7. Chocolate creme with chocolate gnash and lemon raspberry trifle

Gahhhhh I'm still full.

Here was our meal…

















No comments:

Post a Comment