Saturday, October 8, 2016

The Birth Plan


I've been pushing this off for a while now, but there is no time like the present - especially since I spend most of my day with my puffy feet elevated on the couch. WHO knew there were so many details to iron out before the exciting/stressful labor trip to the hospital?!

::Praise hands:: Kaiser allows its users to complete pre-admit forms and get that pesky co-pay out of the way... so check.

Next- the perfect birth plan that may or may not be referenced or used, but it makes us first-time mamas feel like we have a bit of control over a situation we clearly have no control over. Thank the good Lord He promises in 2 Thessalonians 3:3 that "the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one." In this case the evil one will be labor pains and fear of the birthing unknown.

Like any millennial, I conducted through research through my pregnancy tracking app and Pinterest. I compiled my favorite questions and those that hadn't even crossed my mind into a document and started there. One of the best resources I found came from The Bump. {Not only questions/sections BUT the answers too!} Bonus note: Mama's! Include your partner in these plans. This is a great way to keep them connected, informed, and better prepared to be the enforcer on D-day.

The most important part of the birth plan {so I've read/been told} is to educate yourself on what can happen and be aware of what possible options are. Some great advice I received, non-pregnancy related, but works here too, is to be stern about your goals yet flexible about your path. This goes for the birth plan as well. Know what your preferences are, but go with the flow on how to get there. At the end of it all we'll have healthy, happy babies snuggled up in our arms thinking knowing we've never seen anything more beautiful or perfect in all our lives.

A few helpful resources just for you!

Helpful and with pictures :)
This
This too

Next up... packing the hospital bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment