Sunday, October 7, 2012

Wine in the Woods

Good Morning Everyone!

Yesterday my sister, our friend Carolyn, and a few more old and new friends volunteered for the fundraising event 'Wine in the Woods'. It was to raise money to complete the restoration and renovation of a museum in Mt. Baldy. (You can read more here

Tickets were sold for a wonderful afternoon of wine tasting. We had food and wine servers, a great band, and amazing raffle prizes. :: I was part of the raffle ticket selling team - and somehow made my way over to greeting and champagne pouring - how uncharacteristic of me ;) :: 

After the food, drinks, and prizes were distributed and enjoyed the guests returned home and the waitstaff fun began. Parallels were drawn to Downton Abbey and I couldn't agree more! We cleaned as quickly as we could and then sat at long tables drinking wine from papers cups and snacking on the leftover hors d'oeuvres laughing and joking about the days events - of course nicknames were given.  




Dressed in our white tops and black bottoms


Welcome champagne (Photo credit: Carolyn Kitching)


Wine in the Woods Wine Glass (Photo credit: Carolyn Kitching)


Carolyn and Chrissy (Photo credit: Carolyn Kitching)


My Dad and Step-mom (Photo credit: Carolyn Kitching)


Being silly (Photo credit: Carolyn Kitching)


'Learn something new... and something old' (Photo credit: Carolyn Kitching)


I hope everyone has a lovely week!

If you would like more information on how to donate please let me know in the comments below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment